One of the 50 “Golden Ticket” Winners Will Take The Grand Prize on Sunday: Penguins Season Tickets for 20 Years!
Fifty Pittsburgh Penguins fans who won “Golden Tickets” during the 50th anniversary season will be the team’s special guests on Sunday, April 2, when the Pens take on the Carolina Hurricanes at 5 p.m. at PPG Paints Arena.
One of them will then be chosen at random for the grand prize – two Penguins season tickets for the next 20 seasons.
“It’s been an amazing experience from start to finish, and we reach the crescendo on Sunday,” said Terry Kalna, the team’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Broadcasting. “The Penguins and our corporate partners have teamed up since October to create season-long activation among fans in many different, creative ways. It’s been fun. When you add it all up, we had more than 250,000 fans register to win throughout the season. We want to thank everyone for participating along the way – and we say ‘good luck’ to the 50 Golden Ticket winners on Sunday.”
Each of the 50 Golden Ticket winners has already collected a special prize, including:
- Use of a center-ice suite for 32 people at a Pens game (PPG Paints)
- $50,000 in free slot play (Rivers Casino)
- One Penguins party suite for the winner and 39 friends (KeyBank)
- Free meatballs for a year (Emporio)
- Free coffee for a year (Dunkin’ Donuts)
- Free pizza for a year (Fox’s Pizza)
- Free “Grand Slams” for a year (Denny’s)
- Meet-and-greet with Pens defenseman Kris Letang (Body Armor)
- A custom Penguins PlayStation 4, EA games and autographed Sidney Crosby jersey (EA Sports)
- A custom Penguins high-top table and two barstools (Cambria)
- A “Day in the Life of a Penguin” prize pack (Glidden)
The estimated value of these prizes (separate of the grand prize) was $200,000.
Immediately before Sunday’s the game, the 50 Golden Ticket winners will be introduced as a group on the ice. A Penguins representative then will select one of 50 lottery balls at random to determine the winner of the grand prize – two season tickets for 20 years!
The Penguins want to thank our partners who participated in the Golden Ticket promotion: Cambria, Denny’s, Dollar Energy Fund, Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Dunkin’ Donuts, EA Sports, Emporio: A Meatball Joint, Fox’s Pizza Den, Giant Eagle, Glidden, Green Mountain Energy, KeyBank, Lumber Liquidators, Painting With a Twist-South Side, the Mario Lemieux Foundation, UPMC Lemieux Sports Complex, the Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation, PPG, PPG Paints, Rivers Casino, Coors Light, Sara Lee, Shearer’s Snacks, Snappers, The Yard-An American Gastropub, UPMC, Verizon and Wise Snacks.