From street food to parties to the tastings: ten things to do in Milan for those who spend the weekend in the city.
Among the things to do in Milan in the first weekend of October you’ll be spoiled for choice. Thanks to the mild temperatures you can still have fun outdoors with initiatives of all kinds, ranging from flea markets to tastings at carnivals. The street food is for sure one of the protagonists of this weekend with two events scheduled, but there is also room for fashion, food and wine, music and sports. Browse the gallery to learn about all the events in the city and take inspiration. Ten things to do in Milan from 30 September to 2 October.
1. Open bottles from 1 to 3 October Palazzo delle Stelline hosts the event dedicated to wine, with over 180 exhibitors for a total of 170 producers from all over Italy. In scheduled meetings, workshops, tastings, discussions and an entire day filled with champagne. Simultaneously there will be Open Bottles Out: over 30 restaurants are home to a cellar, offering its wines with food pairings ad hoc and tasting.
2. Solidarity Festival The association City Angels and Milan Zone 8 Solidarity Committee organized a charity event that will have to feature the migrants guests Palasharp. The Milanese are welcome to attend if possible bringing useful goods to migrants: clothes and underwear for men, blankets, sleeping bags, personal hygiene products (toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, bath foam), food and drinks (especially milk) to long conservation, the powder or in sachets. The event is scheduled for Sunday, October 2 to 20 at Palasharp.
3. East Market Diner Saturday 1 and Sunday, October 2, the monthly market Lambrate inaugurates its version diner in typical London style. In the former factory space in via Ventura will take place exotic food truck that will offer unusual dishes such as Hawaiian sashimi, Chinese ravioli, Mexican tacos and even a Jamaican cuisine concept. East Market Diner then will be open from Tuesday to Sunday from 10 to 24, also with takeaway service, and coffee to go.
4. Sunday, October 2 to 10 start from the Arena Civica, the second edition of the relay race on the traditional Japanese way. The format includes a path to the circuit with the distance of the marathon divided into three longest fractions and three shorter races that will be held alternately by six athletes belonging to one team (male, female or mixed).
5. This weekend, the night will be of those who have no intention of growing up with the two protagonists of the abbreviations of the most famous cartoons. Friday, September 30 the General Warehouses are home to Giorgio Vanni, historical voice of the songs of “Dragon Ball”, “Saint Seiya”, “Pokemon” and “Conan”. Saturday, October 1, however, will be the turn of Cristina D’Avena, who will perform at the Cartoon Party organized at Alcatraz.
6. Until October 2 the street food will be featured at the Porta Romana Scalo with over 26 exhibitors coming from nine Italian regions and five foreign countries. From 11am to midnight you can taste specialties of all kinds, from the Sardenian pork speciality to Argentine beef to fried Ligurian. Admission is free.
7. Saturday, October 1, from 9 am to miday, at the Arena Civica, all lovers of athletics and fitwalking grtuitamente can participate in a day of training with the Olympic champion Maurizio Damilano, the trainers of the Italian Athletics Federation and the sports nutritionist Sara Cordara, who will give personalized recommendations to improve the technique and performance.