SPORT
WR Brandon Marshall says his deal with New York Giants is done
Spread the love

Six-time Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall says his deal with the New York Giants is done..

The two sides had been meeting Wednesday morning and were  “headed in the direction” of a two-year, $12M deal, but it is not done yet, a person with knowledge of the talks told Tom Pelissero of USA TODAY Sports. The person requested anonymity because of the nature of the talks.

Late Wednesday morning, Marshall tweeted this:

Marshall was granted his release from the New York Jets, the Giants’ co-tenants MetLife Stadium, last week.

While free agents and teams can negotiate deals, nothing is binding — or can be signed — until the new league year starts at 4 p.m. Thursday.

Marshall, 32, joins a Giants team with an established quarterback in two-time Super Bowl champ Eli Manning and Marshall will line up opposite one of the league’s top deep threats in Odell Beckham Jr.

Marshall has played for four teams (Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins, Chicago Bears and Jets) through the first 11 seasons of his career. He’s coming off a season where he equaled a career low in touchdown receptions (three) outside his rookie season (two). He had 14 TD receptions in 2015 — tied for the most in the NFL that season — and is fifth among active players in receiving yardage (12,061).

About the author

Related Post